Saturday, August 9, 2008

i can also be wrong

Oh i see a darkness.
It is so christ dark outside. Christ dark...that's dark.
And rainy. Always raining. Sounds very beautiful on the tin but other than that its charms are waning.
Additionally, it is quite cold...thanks for nothing la nina or julio or katrina or whatever weathersystem is responsible for stealing our sunshine.
Len warned you not to, man.
They warned you.

But you didn't listen. ------>it's fucking over my christ garden!<------- i fear summer is slipping through my fingertips like sand....or if i was The Sandman in shitty Spiderman 3, summer would be slipping through my sand like stuff.

{when we were waiting at the cinema in beautiful downtown Whitehorse to see Spiderman 3, a carload of brosefs drove by and yelled "losers". it was tough, but fair.}

Speaking of summer slipping through my fingertips/everything slipping through my sand-tips, i guess i have to do some light lesson planning sometime in the near future...or at the very least read comics at work instead of on my porch to begin getting accustomed to the building again.
That's an excellent first step to be sure.
I want to throw a tantrum about it a little for sure. Mildly panic-inducing. I had a terrible university -themed nightmare last night, wherein it was the first day of another year of etudes and i didn't know where any of my classes were and i was late and missing books and there were no left handed desks and everyone was staring with their eyes...blech. First days of anything are utter and complete fucking faggotry if you ask me. I wish that they would just get on with mass distributing those memory erasers from Men in Black (MIB). I would totally buy one.
Sometimes it seems like i only watch shitty movies with black men in them.
This is only somewhat true.
I guess i could have compared my memory-erase fantasy extraordinaire (sp?) to the whitey-heavy Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but it turns out i actually liked MIB better. Straight up. Better "film".


Stop!

Affirmation/Philosophy/Olympic Break:

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

This segment has been brought to you by Confucius via the stupid Olympics.
Isn't going slowly sort of not the point of the olympics?
Maybe i'm missing the true point. Probably.
I know everyone's stoked.
I'm sorry i can't drum up the apt level of enthusiasm forthe ol' Olympiad. I like the winter ones okay.
It's just so much pomp and fakery and kind of crap. I would like to watch UN Olympics. I think that'd be a slice.
Sort of like this, only MORE multicultural:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8 (oh god please watch this)
Additionally http://en.beijing2008.cn/, "The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games" (catchy) has introduced me to the 2008 Paralympics. September 6-17, hot on the trail of big Olympic. Tickets for the Paralympic events are between 4-7 canadian bucks, whereas you're looking at 125 for some of the "regular" olympic ones. Get thrifty, sports enthusiasts. And while you're at it, get progressive.

I am still exceptionally full from Aurora dinner.
Verrry continental experience.
Much like their website promised, i left "wondering how such quality can be found in a northern gold mining town at the top of the world". Right.

I don't feel to sleeping but i have to keep house and cable tomorrow day.
Bsh.
Though yesterdaywhilst cabling i got to go up to the "headend"....which is essentially a sweetly post-apocalyptic windowless fortress of receivers, satellite dishes, confusing wires etc. up on the dome.
Sweet view up river. I think next time i'll try to bring my camera...perhaps under the guise of taking pictures of the 'site' for cable 'research'.
That's pretty flimsy, i know. Even for me.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I got in big trouble with mister hammond yesterday for refusing to give a shit about the opening ceremonies. but for serious, they suck. garish, glitzy and gay but mostly, boring. this year specifically, i just can't get behind china. fuck you china. why should i sit around pretending you are a sweet deal? not fooling me.

what is all this talk of cableing?

get your party hat on for my b-day bitch.

jen lafreedom said...

i'm learning to be doug's backup cable technician.

i will knit myself a party hat for your bday.