Tuesday, August 26, 2008





i assume that dreaming about the hills being white and sky being black with northern lights can only indicate that winter's unsexy devil grasp is coming to get me.
it can be so hard and cold like ice.
on the plus side of wintertime, people leave. usually these people are relatively unpleasant hippies who begin to freeze "like gorillas" as soon as the temperature drops below zero.
Is this too real for you?
Obviously.
The northern lights are also pretty note-worthy, and they are already starting to rock the night scene (not just in my dreams, but in the actual sky).
I am a massive fan of this aurora borealis forecast site from the University of Alaska Fairbanks:
http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/
I don't know how helpful it is if you're not in "the north", but at least you can get an idea of how sweet the lights might be for me. Next saturday the 6th is predicted to be quite the night.
I predict nuch smoking and staring.

Until then, more making a syllabus in dim grey afternoon light. Not nearly as whimsical.

Trying to write my own bio in the third person is making me feel insane.
I am now accepting tenders for My Academic Bio.
Please send submissions to: jennifer.laliberte@gmail.com
The chosen bio will be featured on my werk's website.
And i'll buy you a beer sometime.
(but i'd do that anyway)

Geddy and Wilbur playing together is one of my favourite spectacles.
I mean, who's the owner, right?

1 comment:

Georgia said...

even though your winter pictures are beautiful, they cause me to fear the future.

the 6th eh? i predict (sans U of A assistance)that you and I will be drunkenly enjoying those n-lights together, like not-so-olden times.