Friday, August 15, 2008

art, discovery, discovering art, fire artwalk with me, softball



Oh ya disco dayz. So many"hunks" in town.
And additionally every artist that ever came out of Whitehorse.
All here together. Practising art. Playing ball and bat games (i never remember if this tournament is slow pitch and the labour day one is fastball or the other way around).
CFYT was on the ArtWalk last night...perhaps we represent sound art?
We put some attractive album displays up also.
We did not, however, have the wine or snacks that have come to be expected by artfans.
I think pride was the only thing we stood to gain from a massive turnout and quite frankly i feel pride is over rated.
Obviously.

Tonight is a trifecta of bdays featuring Jenna, Freddy, and Veronica...it is also the birthday of the dearly departed Napoleon Bonaparte and thusly the party is themed after dictators in a broader sense. I feel as though i've come up with a prettttttty good one in that i think i will be the only person dressed as said dictator and the costume will be easier than trying to make myself look like an asian man. Why are so many dictators asian men? Oh ya, right....


Freddy is dressing as Napoleon. Should be pretty sweet. Though i do feel as though he's
squandering his dark and swarthy a little...Someone better dress up as the Ayatollah. Chris Chin I'm looking in your direction.


I have to make creme brulee and butter tarts. Additionally i am about 40 minutes late for Whitehouse Cabins. I have to lightly housekeep and then finish painting the electric truck. It is John Deer green. Very in-your-face.

In closing, i dedicate this blog to International Lefthanders Day, which was wednesday august 13th. I have often remarked that if my children aren't left handed, i will be gravely disappointed in them regardless of their other achievments. It's true.
Left handeds are more likely to be crazy and die young though.
So there's that.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

i am kicking myself in the ass for missing discovery days. or, to use the parlance of recent times, disco daze.

do get in a bar fight for me please? or at the very least, encourage blake in his barfighting endeavors.

plah. that's the sound of me having too much coffee on an empty stomach...plah.