Tuesday, September 9, 2008

cephalopodcasts and other things that lurk

No matter how many times I have to reset my ipod I never remember how the next time after. And it is quite straightforward…

I blame black holes, and subsequently, France. The CERN, man.

I think it’s American anti-french propaganda resurfacing. Maybe.

Or maybe who cares:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM

Got the old teen thieved camera back from the police today. They brought it to my house at 11:30 in the pm. I feel this is late for law enforcement to pop by. I mean, they called first, but I was in my ‘jammers none the less. Also, the teen photos (all 45 of them in place of my thousands) are so wildly disappointing. Jesus. There is a pretty debasing "video" of the camera-stealing teens (and their of-age associates...ugh) smoking pot out of a large decorative hookah and then dancing poorly to daft punk.

But enough about teens...

segue.
that's a funny one.

I’ve never been “into” the ocean. I mean I’ve been in it literally, but I’ve never been stoked about it. No dolphin themed bedding. Didn’t want to be a marine biologist. I did enjoy danger bay though…not sure if that counts.

My lack of team-building exercises with the briny deep have resulted in fairly irrational and outlandish fear of water creatures/features. I am terrified of whirlpools, and I don’t even know if they’re real. But then there’s the creatures. People have been scared of sea creature fucks for ever. That’s because they’re scary. So scary that people like to pretend they don’t exist…please sea the Kraken for further details.

Oh yes quite a colourful myth... {often well illustrated}


Enter extreme mega squids.




why would anything ever have to look like that?

and perhaps most importantly of all, why does it need to have a beak?


like i want to be torn apart by that thing.
stupid head-foots. Pretty sassy for weird blobs just made of goo all day.

i have been reading a bit about risky animals. it's shattering my faith in James Herriot AND Dr. Doolittle (played by Eddie Murphy)

this is making less and less sense...i hope the cephalopod segment is flashy enough with images to distract from this other tripe.
Really i'm just killing time not being able to sleep/waiting to try to operate some sort of online ticket presale...that's coming up...i am readying.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

oh ya. Neil Young on my bday. In New York.
Good times.

Now squids don't seem as intimidating.

2 comments:

Oliver said...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/400815/rare_frilled_shark/

yet another reason to avoid deep sea diving

jen lafreedom said...

or not never, ever start...