Wednesday, September 10, 2008

hang for your hollow ways

i fear we are nearing the end of what had been a rather pleasant... Oh lets call it a Chana Masala Summer for the sake of "political" "correctness". Because obviously that matters...Just ask Stephen Harper- he's sweet and colourful.
At any rate, it is raining again. I personally think it is LOTR fantastic, what with the colour and the mist, but it means the sun can start to sneak away without me noticing. Damned it.
The rain does mean my meow cat is inside more...though it may have less to do with the rain and more to do with the Westmark Hotel being boarded up for the season. Gotta love seasonal businesses.

I know right? Reeeeaaalllly nice.
My cat seems to like it though. Right this very moment she is mostly liking Wilbur though.
I will miss him when him and Quinn move away. Good roomie team. I will miss the dog-power of knowing when people are coming to the door. Dogs have a keen interest in stuff and things. Cats only care about one guy, and that's cats.
Fair enough. I care mostly only about one guy (jen).

It is so dark in my house now. I have never really seen my house dark. It's alright.

Fall means dark but also canning.
Jenna and i canned the night away yesterday:

carrots.

tomatoes.

beets.

i guess i should've taken some pictures of the actual canning process; probably would've been more action-packed.
Packed!
Ha!
Anyways, I used my great-grandma's pickled carrot recipe and that is pretty neat.
I hope it tastes the same.
And yes, i am wearing a Beaver Canoe bunnyhug. Thank-you, i like it too.
{more about Beaver Canoe and conspiracies later}

You guys ever listen to Depeche Mode?
I am on about year 11 of listening to Depeche Mode and i am not ready to give it up.
I entirely forgot until some rai-searching tonight how comical looking DM "sex" "symbol" Dave Gahan (or Sausage Stump, as teenage me called him) and the rest of the gang really were:

Still, i probably would've done it with Martin Gore when i was 16.
Yep.
That's too bad. For me.
I mean who's from Essex?

something is weird with my camera lens since its return from the teens.
argh.
blargh.

okay lesson plan.

No comments: