Sunday, November 16, 2008

i aspergersed you not to say that

when the french have landed, you know it's winter.
also everything is closed and it's snowy.

2 french landed at my house last week though. not the quebec kind, the axis of evil kind.
{dear french people,
i know that you might suck at anglais and thus not pick up the subtle humour in my discussion of your contributions to terror, but try not to be offended. i like france quite a bit.}
anyways these "couch surfers" arrived under the guidance of room "mate" M.P. Dater/Faker/Creeper and it was awkward at best and eye-gouging at worst. i am not a fan of stranger house guests. Call me old fashioned, but i think couches are for buds and bros.

the river is still not frozen but it is trying. it sounds like things breaking and snapping in a slow sinister fashion. i like the sound a lot.


some days the sun is bright and lovely for 2 hours or so but most days it is just white-grey sky with vague distant glow light for 2 hours instead. for some reason this year it seems darker and more overwhelming. i have absolutely no idea why.



i am trying to quel my distaste for the darkness by making ever-growing lists of things i want to do in the cities when i am travelling like a real person in real places.
i have not yet been able to prioritize or schedule them, but some highlights include:

1. eat korean food
2. go to natural history museum
3. go to american folk art museum for henry darger exhibit
4. buy expensive pants
5. make a few scenes
6. embarass a few shitty acquaintances with public intoxication
7. yell profanities at sub-par bands
8. drink labatt 50
9. acquire additional tattoos
10. get a perm
11. create elaborate Home Alone 2 Lost in New York photo series wherein i play the role of Kevin Mcallister at some of the film's most memorable landmarks....

oh i am going to be up WAY past my bedtime with this hair-brained project.

here is the thing about having elaborate travel plans is that it can be so hard to plan them.
at my term break i will have all these wee stops and now i don't know where i will/should go for new year's eve. new year's eve is kind of a sham and a liar so it is challenging to plan around it.
i am kind of mostly thinking i want to be in dawson city, land of the midnight no-sun.

hard to say-- you know how it is. there are just so many people i love in all the places.





you know how it is.




i am working on a stupid art project and a new mixed cd project right now-- neither are going terribly well and both are pissing me off and making me feel inferior.....buttttttttttt i will give the maddest of mad props to my ipod for sticking with me regardless of my ill treatment and poor care of it. You see on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (because i don't work til 4) i walk up the dome to the cemetaries to prevent atrophy and insanity and take a couple wintertime photos, looks for the White Lodge, contemplate the tangibility of existence, etc.
Then i slide back to town all the way down crocus bluff on my butt and laugh hysterically and hope no one is around. These epic wintertime journies require headphones obviously, and on my last slide-venture i took an ill-chosen path and ended up topwise-backwards and covered in snow. My ipod was in the snow, but not just lightly, buried entirely. The headphone jack was all jammed with ice and i thought my dayz were numbered. But nothing happened.
So now i can continue fussing over my shitty mixed cd and lament my inferiority long into 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest jen

your 'web''blog' is most fun. i indeed did enjoy this, especially as i also dont really know what im doing. just like right now. the end.

stu art

none said...

I only took that butt slide once. I regret not taking it everyday almost every day.